For residential treatment for alcohol use disorder, there is a recommended stay of 45 days. Individual extensions can be negotiated with treatment staff.
- On admission, residents undergo a complete nursing assessment including urine testing and acute alcohol detoxification using evidence based clinical scales and interventions.
- A complete physical assessment by the clinic physician is completed within 24 hours of admission.
- After the initial assessment, the treatment team meets with the resident and reviews the treatment program, goals of treatment, and discharge planning begins.
- Active involvement in 12 Step Support Groups (AA, NA), Individual counseling, daily educational and therapeutic program sessions are a mandatory part of treatment.
- Clinical and medical staff perform ongoing assessment of physical, medical, and mental health issues.
- Discharge planning with support groups, vocational and educational, follow up counseling, 12 Step Program involvement, and reconnection with family and home community all begins on admission and continues throughout the residential component into the intensive outpatient component.